Saturday, September 26, 2009

Summer Is Over

It's time to start meeting at the library again! I have my laptop all loaded up. Norma, I am beginning your book today!!! I followed your lead and split Remnant in half; it worked out perfectly with a scene mid-way. Carla, do you think we could meet earlier? Like 1:00?

Ladies, I've started another novel. It's about a woman who wants to be published, but that's a subplot. It takes place in Portland, OR, and the Oregon coast. The woman, Jill (since that character was cut from The Orchard, I used the name) has to confront her mother's history of substance abuse and the effect it had on her family, as she is thrown back into a relationship with a guy who, through no fault of his own, broke her heart once. It actually has a lot of physical comedy and banter... like Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn, to break through the drama.
I have to go pull out the daisies, now.  Ugh.  I'd rather be writing!

No comments: